Thursday, January 31, 2008

[Wadabo_updates] Performers Wanted for International Women's Day

Hello all -
I occasionally get opportunities that come my way that I like to pass on to the community. This is one of them. I have been contacted by the Boston Medical Center who are looking for African Dance/Drum performers for a good cause. If you have a group together already, or can gather up some folks, please email me directly (do NOT reply to this email, I won't get it.) and I'll get you in touch with the right people. My email is erichludwig [at] gmail.com
This sounds like a fun project, and high visibility as well, likely a press event. They are looking for some dancers, drummers from Sub-Saharan Africa (although the Caribbean/Brazil would also be a good option) to perform, and would like a high percentage of women in the group as it is International Women's Day.
peace.
erich

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Jan 31, 2008 2:33 PM
Subject: RE: African Dance/Drum for BMC

Hi Erich,

Thanks very much for your speedy reply.  I am the administrator for the Refugee Center here at Boston Medical Center.  We are celebrating International Women's Day on March 7th, Friday, from 10-12 PM.  The event will take place in the Menino lobby, a very central, highly trafficked location at BMC.  Unfortunately our budget is very small so we are looking for a talented group who may be willing to donate their time for a great cause.  This is not a fundraising event, rather an awareness raising event.  I'm very flexible, especially b/c we have little to no budget to work with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment